You provide proactive monitoring of contractual rights and obligations to ensure the company's entitlements are protected. You ensure the project team is aware of areas of contractual/financial risk exposure, in liaison with the Central Competence Centre and Legal Department.
* You give support to the tender team in analyzing the contractual documents.
* Draft appropriate wording for bid qualifications and conditions, together with the legal department.
* Monitor entitlements to variation instructions and timeous submission of relevant contractual notices.
* Establish and maintain records of resources involved and effects on program/other activities for recovery of time and/or money arising out of extra works.
* Make timeous requests for extensions of time, and for claims, in accordance with contractual obligations.
* Assist in evaluation and submission of interim applications for payment.
* Assist in presenting the final account after practical project completion.
* Produce claims for acceleration in conjunction with the project manager.
* Participate in the selection of subcontractors for tender enquiries, and prepare tender enquiries.
* Secure agreement of terms and conditions under guidance and direction of the project manager.
* Raise payment certificates timeously to enable the accounts department to pay by appropriate dates.
* A strong engineering background or a chartered quantity surveyor by qualification or experience.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Evidence of study of relevant branches of law, standard contracts (FIDIC, NEC3, etc.) and disputes resolution processes.
* Experience in a similar role preferably in a marine design and build environment.
* Able to think analytically and laterally.
* Flexible attitude.
* Team player with a gregarious attitude.
* Willing to work in international projects.
* Willing to work at our head office in Belgium, and on international assignments.